This highly stimulating and invigorating sequence is designed to regulate kapha, the Ayurvedic dosha (body-mind constitution) elementally defined as earth and water. The image of the powerful salmon leaping in the air, as it swims upstream is the ultimate inspiration for a kapha-regulating practice, which is all about cultivating dynamic movement and the joy and exhilaration that comes with it.
- 20 min: Brief Definition of Quantum Yoga and Exposition of its systematic application and principles. Recognising and Dealing with Kapha Imbalance. Taking our lead from the salmon, who are able to rest in a total state of inertia even in turbulent water and yet not sink or loose their position, we will explore how in yoga we can cultivate such effortless grace without losing ground.
- 1.5 hr: SALMON taught group class, outlining the ten Quantum groupings. The challenge is to safely get the ball rolling and sustain this high-frequency pace.
- 10 min: Arduous journey of salmon back to their natal streams compared to the spiritual journey of the sadhaka, returning consciously to our root state of unconditional love.
- Duration: 2 -2.5 hours
- Dosha Regulated: Kapha (Earth / Water)
- Primary Energetic Effect: Stimulating, Purifying, Invigorating
- Peak Pose: Scorpion Splits Handstand & Paripurana Matsyendrasana
- Theme: Cultivating Sattva Guna
- Level: Experienced/Advanced
- Music: Ambient and Light Electronic