The tree embodies the yogic principles particularly cultivated in this vata-regulating Quantum Yoga sequence. Vata, the Ayurvedic dosha (body-mind constitution) elementally defined as air, is responsible for movement, and therefore, if there is an exacerbation in vata, a grounding and strengthening practice is required. 8 is the symbol for infinity, and Infinity Trees consists of 8 tree vinyasas or compositions. All net profits of any projects related to the Inifinity Tree sequence will go to Saving the Amazon Rainforest, as well as urban tree planting projects.
- 20 min: Introduction to Quantum Yoga and Explanation of Recognising and Dealing with Vata Imbalance. Significance and essential qualities of trees in asana practice and mystical traditions.
- 1.5 hours: TREES taught group class, outlining the ten Quantum groupings. Each of the eight compositions is initiated by a variation on Vrikshasana, the tree pose.
- 10 min: The Tree is the connector between Heaven & Earth, the giver of life and vitality. All spiritual traditions acknowledge the importance of the tree. 8 is the symbol for infinity, and we will explore how being truly present in the moment means dwelling in infinite space.
- Duration: 2 -2.5 hours
- Dosha Regulated: Vata (Air)
- Primary Energetic Effect: Grounding, Balancing, Strengthening
- Peak Pose: Adho Mukha Vrikshasana (Handstand) 10 breaths
- Theme: Integrity and Expansion
- Level: Experienced/Advanced
- Music: Healing Sounds from Nature