Cool It regulates the fiery pitta temperament, the dosha responsible for digestion, and is thus soothing, even, playful and subtly challenging. The sequence begins with a long seated meditation to hone the activities of the mind, which includes pranayama (breathing) in conjunction with the application of bandhas (internal muscular “locks”) and mudras (energetic “seals”). The Tripsichre-style Sun Salutations that follow are particularly graceful, making space for freer movement and greater creativity. This mood of delight and playfulness carries through the rest of the sequence, and fills even the more challenging parts with joy and freedom. We end with a head-standing vinyasa and the skilled use of props to enhance the shoulder-stand, as well as a final cooling pranayama.
- 20+ minute: Introduction to Quantum Yoga and Explanation of Recognising and Dealing with Pitta Imbalance.
- 1.5 hour: Cool It taught group class, outlining the ten Quantum groupings.
- 10+ minute: Explanation of the notion of even energetic expenditure. Elaboration on the idea of the cultivation of the more subtle aspects of yoga practice, and how a gentler attitude of receptivity can lead to greater ease and efficacy in all actions.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Dosha Regulated: Pitta (Fire/Water)
- Primary Energetic Effect: Cooling, Soothing, Balancing
- Level: Beginner to General