Get Down, which balances vata, the dosha elementally defined as air and responsible for movement in the body-mind, is primarily grounding, strengthening and stabilising. To this end we begin by loosening up joints and establish vinyasa, breath-synchronised movement, as well as steady posture and a stable connection to the ground, through a slow squatting sequence, followed by classic Ashtanga-style Sun Salutations. Standing poses and balances are emphasised for powerful grounding. Back muscles are strengthened and abdominal exercises ensure core stability. Shoulder-standing inversions are stilling and inward-gazing, and the final pranayama balances the entire system. In this way the flighty vata-type can get down to business without ever loosing the ground beneath their feet!
- 20+ minute: Introduction to Quantum Yoga and Explanation of Recognising and Dealing with Vata Imbalance.
- 1.5 hour: Get Down taught group class, outlining the ten Quantum groupings.
- 10+ minute: Explanation of the notion of how yoga asana-vinyasa aids in stilling the mental turbulence, which can lead to spaciness and anxiety. Elaboration on the idea of the cultivation of balance to lead to optimal health through the aid of Ayurvedic teachings.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Dosha Regulated: Vata (Air)
- Primary Energetic Effect: Grounding, Stabilising, Strengthening
- Level: Beginner to General