Capricious Shiva or the Quantum Master Sequence represents a challenging dynamic composition or vinyasa. Whilst always increasing prana or vitality, here the breath initiates, sustains and deepens movement, ensuring integrity and coalescence. The sequence includes strong core work, deep stretches, strengthening exercises and advanced arm balances. It peaks in Shiva Natarajasana, a posture that emulates Shiva dancing his cosmic dance of transcendence.
It is accompanied by smooth electronic house music, which sets a positive mood and steady pace. Experienced yoga practitioners will be given the chance to further their understanding of vinyasa yoga, whilst integrating a creative system that leads to independent, intelligent and inspirational practice. Advanced Level.
- 20+ minutes: Discussion of true meaning of vinyasa, beyond its literal meaning of “composition”, which Quantum Yoga searches to facilitate, towards breath-synchronised movement, where the breath leads and movement follows. Thus harmony with natural flow of prana replaces volition. Understanding the sway and pulse of the breath and its effect on the body allows for grace and ease in dynamic movement and eventual mastery of advanced asana.
- 2+ hours: CAPRICIOUS SHIVA taught group class, outlining the ten Quantum groupings.
- 10+ minutes: In times of darkness, delusion and doubt, it is important to have faith in one’s initial impulse that made us step on the often arduous path of yoga. Shiva is capricious, often making seemingly unreasonable demands. However, if one persists with the practice even during these challenging times, eventually but inevitably, Shiva will dance again!
- Duration: 2.5 – 3 hours
- Dosha Regulated: primarily Vata-Kapha, but at an experienced level it is assumed that the practitioner has already cultivated a more balanced constitutional state. At times that one’s prakrti (natural tendency) is exacerbated, even advanced yogis are advised to do a more basic and suitable practice.
- Primary Energetic Effect: Balancing, Strengthening, Stimulating
- Peak Pose: Shiva Natarajasana
- Theme: Power of Play and the Maintaining of Beginner’s Mind
- Level: Experienced-Advanced
- Music: Ambient, Electronic House and Balearic Beats